• PITCHING LESSONS, for individuals and teams ages 9-14, are being offered by David Hoover, former pitching coach at Dobyns-Bennett and Daniel Boone. Call (423) 578-3427 for details.
• COLONIAL HEIGHTS REBELS 9-under local travel baseball team is hosting private tryouts for the upcoming fall/spring seasons. All games will be in the Tri-Cities area. For more information, contact Justin Crawford at (423) 765-3782.
• VELOCITY BASEBALL USSSA 11-under team is hosting private tryouts. Contact Coach Jay at (423) 833-1304, email firstname.lastname@example.org or go online at velocitybaseballofjc.teamapp.com for more information.
• VIRGINIA-WISE WOMEN’S BASKETBALL Elite Camp, for rising eighth-graders through seniors, is set for Saturday, Aug. 11 at the Prior Center. Coach Jamie Cluesman and her staff will instruct campers on collegiate level drills, shooting competitions, competitive 5-on-5 games and learn about the life of a collegiate student athlete. Go online at vawisecavs.com.
• LINCOLN MEMORIAL Men’s Basketball Elite Camps will be held Aug. 19. Fee per attendee is $75. For more information, contact Railsplitters assistant coach Jeremiah Samarrippas at email@example.com.
• COLONIAL HEIGHTS ATHLETIC COMMISSION is registering for youth basketball, age divisions 4-6, 7-8, 9-10 and 11-13. Deadline to sign up is Nov. 11. Go online at chacsports.leagueapps.com.
• 17TH SHOOTING STARS fall 3-on-3 league signups, with boys and girls divisions for grades 4-12, run through Aug. 31. Entry fee is $150 per team, which includes 12 games plus the tournament. Games will be played Sunday afternoons, starting Sept. 2, at Science Hill. Call (423) 341-0133 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• BOYS AND GIRLS CLUB of Greater Kingsport is conducting signups through Aug. 10 for the Sullivan County Football League Indians football and cheer teams. Sign up Monday-Friday, from 8 a.m.-5:30 p.m., at the Eastman Center behind Pratt’s BBQ on Stone Drive in Kingsport. Cost is $25 for members and $35 for non-members. A child who attends any Kingsport city school is eligible to play. Divisions are flag (ages 5-7), junior varsity (ages 8-9) and varsity (ages 10-12). The Indians play all home games at J. Fred Johnson Stadium. For more information, contact Travis Herron at (423) 429-3642.
• COLONIAL HEIGHTS FLAG FOOTBALL evaluations, for boys and girls ages 3-17, will be held at 9 a.m. on Saturday, Aug. 11 at South View Community Park, 401 Rock Springs Road, Kingsport. Entry fee is $60. For more information or to register, go online at chacsports.leagueapps.com or contact Chad Rutherford at (423) 416-0775.
• The MECC FOUNDATION-BALLAD HEALTH Golf Classic is set for Friday, Aug. 10 at Cedar Hill Country Club in Jonesville. Registration for the captain’s choice tournament begins at 8 a.m., with a shotgun start at 9:30 a.m. Proceeds benefit the Lee County Endowed Scholarship at MECC. All proceeds raised during the tournament will be matched by an anonymous donor up to $30,000. Entry fee is $75 per person or $300 per four-person team. Corporate and hole sponsorship opportunities available. Call (276) 523-2400, ext. 287, or email Jeri Bledsoe at email@example.com.
• SECOND DOBYNS-BENNETT BASEBALL Golf Challenge will be held Saturday, Aug. 11 at Crockett Ridge Golf Course, 4439 L Jack Drive, Kingsport. There will be a 9 a.m. shotgun start for the four-man, select-shot event, which is sponsored by The Plastic Surgery Center of East Tennessee. Entry fee is $75 per player or $300 per team; lunch will be provided by Texas Roadhouse. For more information or to register, contact Jennifer McDavid at (423) 956-0445 or firstname.lastname@example.org or D-B coach Ryan Wagner at (423) 384-0985 or email@example.com.
• 14th ETCHA BENEFIT TOURNAMENT is set for Saturday, Aug. 11 at Elizabethton Golf Course. Entry fee for the two-man, select-shot event is $55; 1 p.m. shotgun start. Proceeds will benefit the ministry of the East Tennessee Christian Home and Academy. Contact Ron or Melissa Marvel at (423) 542-4423 or 895-0124.
• SECOND THREE-PERSON SCRAMBLE will be held Saturday and Sunday, Aug. 18-19 at Lonesome Pine Country Club in Big Stone Gap. Entry fee is $55 for club members and $75 for nonmembers. Call (276) 523-0739.
• JC PARKS MOUNTAIN GAMES, hosted by Johnson City Park and Recreation, will be held from 10 a.m.-1 p.m. on Saturday, Aug. 18 at the Legion Street Pool, 111 Legion St. The event will feature kayaking, rock climbing, mountain biking, disc golf and swimming. Partners Mahoney’s Outfitters, SORBA Tri-Cities, The Bike Shop, Local Motion and the Science Hill mountain bike team will be on hand to provide kayaks, disc golf equipment, bikes, a climbing wall and instruction. Entry fee is $5 per person, and lunch is included. Call (423) 461-4850 for more information.
• FIT4LIFE GLOW RUN 5K — featuring an ’80s theme — will be held Friday, Aug. 10 at The Wellness Center in Johnson City. Go online at thegoosechase.org/5k-glow-run for more information.
• BAYS MOUNTAIN TRAIL RACE, a 15-miler and part of the Skelton Law Racing Series, will take place Saturday, Sept. 15, starting at 8 a.m., at Bays Mountain Park in Kingsport. Contact race director Mark Skelton at (423) 272-4812 or go online at RunTriCities.org.
• BLUEGRASS HALF MARATHON, presented by The Goose Chase, will be held on Sunday, Sept. 30 at Founders Park in Johnson City. The Kid’s Race begins at 5:30 p.m. on Friday, Sept. 28. For more information, go online at thegoosechase.org/bluegrass-half-marathon-relays.
• JONESBOROUGH PARKS AND RECREATION and Jonesborough Soccer Association are registering for fall youth soccer at Persimmon Ridge Park. Registration for children ages 4-15 will be at the Persimmon Ridge ballfields on Tuesday, Aug. 7, Thursday, Aug. 9 and Saturday, Aug. 11 — all from 6-8 p.m. — as well as on Sunday, Aug. 12 from 2-4 p.m.; divisions will be ages 4-5, 6-7, 8-9, 10-12 and 13-15. Fee is $40 per child; parents must bring a copy of the child’s birth certificate. To learn more, go online at jonesboroughtn.org or call (423) 791-3869.
• KINGSPORT PIRANHAS DEVELOPMENTAL Swim School for ages 4 and up is registering for the fall sessions (Aug. 14-Sept. 6 and Sept. 18-Oct. 11) at Dobyns-Bennett. Cost is $125. Register online at KingsportPiranhas.com. Call Jorge Blasini at (423) 967-4264 or email swimKingsport@gmail.com for more information.
• KINGSPORT PIRANHAS FALL CLINIC and tryouts, for all swimmers interested in joining the Piranhas, will be held Aug. 13-23 at Dobyns-Bennett. Cost is $80. Register online at KingsportPiranhas.com. Call Jorge Blasini at (423) 967-4264 or email swimKingsport@gmail.com for more information.
• ROCK, ROW & RUN KIDS AQUATHLON, for ages 6-12, is set for 9 a.m. on Saturday, Aug. 18 at Legion Street Pool, 111 Legion St., Johnson City. Participants will row a kayak (which will be furnished) across Legion Street Pool, run the distance and then join the party. Cost is $25 per person through Aug. 10 and $35 afterward. Register online at myjcparks.org or at Memorial Park Community Center, 510 Bert St., Johnson City. For more information, call (423) 434-5749.